Wouldn’t you love to work at an ER hospital that the staff has dubbed a “Unicorn Hospital” (no really, they did!)? A hospital whose entire team, from doctors to nurses to reception, are all appreciated, supported, and respected? A hospital that has minimal drama and a team that genuinely enjoys working together and has FUN? If your answer is yes, please keep reading!
Rockingham Emergency Veterinary Hospital (REVH) is located in Windham, New Hampshire. Windham is in beautiful Southern New Hampshire, close to mountains, the seacoast, and Boston. Windham is an affluent but small town, and we have many repeat clients who are motivated and have the means to provide the best care for their pets. We have a great relationship with all local RDVMs, and we communicate closely with them regarding their patients. REVH is well known and respected in our small community, and in surrounding towns. And did we mention that New Hampshire has no income or sales tax?
REVH is a 24/7 emergency hospital, privately owned and run by a sole veterinarian owner, not a corporation or a committee. We value all employees’ input and most decisions are made as a team. We have the best support staff anywhere! Technicians are well-paid, highly-skilled, and properly utilized so that doctors are free to do doctor stuff. Turnover is low, with some employees having been with us since we opened 11 years ago.
We won’t regurgitate what is written in all the other ads and will just say that we have all the usual equipment you would expect to find in a full-service emergency hospital. If there’s something we don’t have, and you can convince us it will be used, we will add it.
We do our best to make the ER schedule as painless as possible for everyone. Full-time ER doctors work 3 shifts a week, typically grouped together to allow 4 days off in a row every week, and we offer a consistent schedule (the same days every week) so your schedule will rarely be a mystery and you can plan a life.
In addition to just the joy of working at such an amazing place, we offer some other perks:
• Generous base salary plus quarterly production bonus
• CE allowance
• Paid professional memberships and VIN
• DEA license, health insurance, dental, FSA, 401K with matching, and life insurance
• Sign-on bonus, and relocation allowance where applicable
• 3 really awesome hospital cats (Norman, Teddy, and Leonard) who keep staff and clients entertained.
The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of experience, and is comfortable with most emergency surgeries. Experience or comfort with exotics is a plus, as REVH also treats exotic pets. A new graduate would be considered based on experience. Above all, the ideal candidate would be someone who is a good communicator, gets along well with others, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously!
Interested candidates please send resume and Letter of Intent to Denise Bly, Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Technician Needed! Rockingham Emergency Veterinary Hospital (REVH) is seeking full time and per diem experienced ER technicians to join our fun and skilled team!
REVH opened in 2009 and has been growing steadily since. We are a privately owned, 24-hour, emergency and critical care-only hospital located in affluent Windham, New Hampshire. Our technicians are highly valued as patient advocates and as an integral part of the patient care team. Their skills and case input are fully utilized and we encourage continuing education and training.
The ideal applicant:
• Is preferably credentialed (LVT, CVT, RVT).
• Has at least 1 year of experience and excellent clinical skills, exotics experience would be a huge plus!
• Has excellent communication and client service skills.
• Works well independently AND in a team environment.
• Has the ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, prioritize, is organized, and work with little to no supervision
• Is a confident surgery/ anesthesia technician.
• Has strong computer skills (we are paperless).
• Is available weekends and some holidays.
The job entails:
• Triaging incoming patients
• Assisting in stabilizing patients as required
• Performing in-house diagnostic tests (Xray, blood, urine, etc)
• Inducing, prepping, maintaining and monitoring surgical patients
• Client communication
• Provide timely inpatient treatment and care
• Maintain continuous hospital flow
• Occasional reception duties
Why you want to join our team:
• ONLY three shifts per week for a full-time position!
• Holiday pay if you work a holiday
• Competitive pay: Potential starting pay of $20-$21/hr, depending on experience level
• Staff pet discount
• REVH offers a fun, relaxed (usually), and supportive environment.
Benefits of full-time employment include:
• Health insurance, dental insurance, Aflac, flexible spending account
• 401K with matching
• Generous CE allowance
• Scrubs (purchased annually)
• PTO with rollover
• Sign on bonus for full-time employees
REVH is staffed with friendly, talented people and we would love to meet you! If interested in a position, please send resume and letter of interest to Denise Bly, Hospital Manager at email@example.com.