REVH now offers Urgent Care appointments Sunday – Tuesday, 9am-6pm. Appointments can be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance, please call us to schedule an appointment!
WHAT IS URGENT CARE?
Urgent illnesses are those that require prompt attention but are not life-threatening and/or do not require hospitalization or surgery (See here for examples of emergencies). Examples of urgent illnesses include:
- Ear Infections
- Skin Issues (itching, rashes, etc)
- Minor wounds and lacerations
- Diarrhea (without blood)
- Broken toenails
- Urinary tract infections in FEMALE pets (straining to urinate in male pets is a potential emergency!)
- Anal gland issues
- Lameness (without trauma)
- Minor allergic reactions (hives)
WHY OFFER URGENT CARE APPOINTMENTS?
Emergency Hospitals are frequently overwhelmed and wait times can be excessive. Because ERs operate on a triage basis, critical patients are prioritized and patients with non-critical health issues typically face the longest wait times, or are turned away from the ER entirely.
Our Urgent Care offers many non-critical patients the option to schedule an appointment within 24 hours, eliminating extensive wait times for those patients, and reducing the strain on the ER caseload.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR URGENT CARE DEPARTMENT
- Our Urgent Care department is fully staffed with a dedicated urgent care doctor and nurses, separate from our ER department.
- Our Urgent Care is NOT a walk-in clinic, it is by appointment ONLY. This ensures your pet will be seen by the doctor in a timely fashion, with little to no wait time.
- Because our Urgent Care service is within a 24/7 ER hospital, if your pet turns out to need more extensive care, surgery, or hospitalization, we can immediately transfer your pet to our ER department where that care will be provided, without the need to transfer to a different hospital or pay for another exam.
- REVH is 100% privately owned, not corporate.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
If your pet is having a health issue, and your primary care veterinarian is unable to see you, please call our main number at 603-870-9770. If our triage team determines that your pet is not emergent and an urgent care appointment is available, we will schedule an appointment. If an appointment is not available within 24 hours, you will be advised if we are able to accommodate your pet through our ER department.
URGENT CARE IS NOT PRIMARY CARE OR PREVENTIVE CARE
We DO NOT provide wellness or preventive care, including vaccines or elective surgeries/ procedures. As we do for our ER cases, all records of your pet’s care at our facility will be sent to your primary care veterinarian. All follow up care and recheck exams should be scheduled with your primary care veterinarian.